Background of the Organization
Admas University commenced its operation in October 1998 under the name “Admas Business Training Centre.” Then Training Centre then started delivering training services in certain tailor–made, six–month, short–term programmes. By undertaking deep assessments of further training needs and making preparations in terms of the required human and material resources, the centre upgraded itself to a college status as of April 1999. After deep objective assessments of further training needs and making preparations in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Education, the College was upgraded to the status of a University College as of March 2007. Admas University has become a fully fledged university as of July 2014 (Hamlie 2006 E.C.).
With the objective of expanding its quality services, the University opened ten (10) colleges/campuses/faculties so far. Eight of these campuses are found in Ethiopia among which six are in Addis Ababa while the rest two are in Bishoftu and Mekelle towns. The other two campuses are located out of Ethiopia_ in the Capitals of Somaliland and Puntland (i.e. Hargeissa and Garowe, respectively). Apart from the regular mode, the University also has a Distance Education College with more than 50 (fifty) coordination offices throughout the country.
Vision, Missions, Goals, and Values
Admass University envisions being the most reputable private higher education institution in terms of outstanding quality education, research,
training, and community development services in East Africa by 2020.
AU has the following missions to accomplish:
- provide quality higher education at all levels with affordable price through regular, continuing, and distance education modes so as to produce competent professionals who can support the development endeavour of the country;
- conduct quality and outcome based training to produce middle level human resources and supply to the industry;
- produce competent entrepreneurs who could contribute to the technology transfer endeavours of the country;
- undertake research that helps to solve the socio-economic problems of the country and that can also add new values and knowledge to the society;
- render consultancy and short-term training services to businesses, government, and non-government organizations to help them accomplish their objectives;
- render various community services to fulfil social responsibilities expected of it as an academic institution
In order to meet and exceed the quality and standard requirements of students, trainees and stakeholders, the goals of AU are to:
- create a competent, motivated, adaptable, and innovative workforce for the country which can contribute to poverty reduction and social and economic development through facilitating demand-driven, high quality technical and vocational education and training, relevant to all sectors of the economy;
- promote the entrepreneurial development plans of the country through the TVET programmes;
- offer research-led diversified programmes that are relevant to the country;
- prepare trainees with the necessary theoretical knowledge, skill, and attitude so that they can fit for the purpose;
- undertake research on local, national, and international issues and problems;
- create national and international links.